Vanilla sponge cake – cut into half
Sugar syrup – for soaking the cake
Chocolate ganache – ½ cup (room temperature)
Whipped cream – 1 cup
Crumble – 2 tbsp
Castor sugar: 1 ½ tbsp of sugar
Roasted chopped nuts – ½ cup
Roasted almond powder – 2 tbsp
- Using a serrated knife, divide the vanilla sponge cake into equal parts
- Place half of the sponge on the cake board. Insert a cake ring and remove the excess cake. Drizzle some sugar syrup to keep the cake soft.
- Make sure it fits well. Place an OHP sheet, or you can use butter paper for the even spread.
- In a mixing bowl, add chocolate ganache and whipped cream.
- Using a spatula, mix and combine everything well.
- Add the cream mix on top of the sponge cake. Using a spoon, spread it evenly.
- Once the cream frosting is spread well, put the cake inside the refrigerator so that it sets well.
- Mix the above ingredients in a bowl to prepare the crumble.
- Remove the frosted cake from the refrigerator and sprinkle a crumble layer.
- Keep this in the refrigerator to chill for some time. Demould and serve.
Fruit crush or compote – 2 tbsp
Unsweetened whipped cream ( soft) -1 cup
Melted white chocolate – ½ cup (room temperature)
Choice of fruits for garnishes
- Add fruit crush or compote of your choice in a mixing bowl.
- Using a spoon, smoothen the compote to remove the chunky parts of the fruit.
- Add whipped cream and mix everything well.
- Take room-temperature tempered white chocolate and add it to the above mix.
- Combine everything well, giving a velvety smooth textured mousse.
- Keep it in the fridge for about 10-20 minutes to set.
- Take muffins you can use store-bought or prepare them at home.
- Scoop out some muffin sponge from the center.
- With the help of a spoon, add the prepared mousse to the scooped part.
- After filling the muffin, cover them with mousse frosting and, using a spoon, give a rough swirl.
- Garnish with fruits and serve.