Welcome to a new year and the beginning of your healthy heart journey. I have some tips to keep in mind if you want to get fit, lose weight, or be healthier this year.
Here are a few strategies we’ve learned from Luke Coutinho to help you shed those extra pounds.
Eat a good breakfast for healthy heart.
Eating a good breakfast is important. It helps you feel more energized and less hungry throughout the day. If you’re prone to skipping meals, try eating breakfast instead of going straight to lunch or skipping it altogether.
The purpose of breakfast is not only to give your body fuel but also to provide an opportunity for you to enjoy something delicious and nutritious. Start your day off right with some lean protein like egg whites or turkey bacon mixed with vegetables like spinach or tomatoes (see below).
The good news is you’re already a natural-born water expert. The key to success is to keep hydrated throughout the day. A simple eight-ounce glass of water before every meal will help you feel more satisfied with your food choices and will help prevent overeating.
Snack on fresh fruit and nuts, not processed biscuits and cakes.
- Fruit is a good source of fibre, and nuts are great for heart health because they’re high in protein.
- Processed biscuits, cakes and other foods high in sugar should be avoided as much as possible. Instead, snack on fresh fruit or nuts.
- Fruit and nuts are low in sugar, so you don’t need to worry about your blood sugar levels getting too high.
- They contain vitamins and minerals essential for good health and won’t make you feel hungry!
Go for millets instead of rice for dal and khichdi.
Millet is a healthy alternative to rice. It has more fibre, fewer carbohydrates and is cheaper than rice. Millets can be cooked in a variety of ways, such as with dal and vegetables or even curries.
Walk for 30 minutes every day.
If you want to get fit, walking is one of the best exercises you can do. It’s easy to do and burns calories, but it also lowers your risk of heart disease and diabetes—and regular walking can help keep your weight down. If you want to start walking for fitness, try the following tips:
- Walk for 30 minutes every day. That’s all you need! You could walk at lunchtime or after work rather than driving elsewhere in town. It’s simple, convenient, and won’t interrupt anything else on your schedule (unlike running or other more structured workouts).
- Find a route with some hills so that there is variation in speed and strength required during the walk—this will make it more interesting than just a flat path around town!
This is good advice for anyone who wants to have a healthy and happy life. If you follow our tips, we’re sure your diet will be much better than ever!