Okra is a vegetable that is often ignored because it is difficult to prepare and has a short shelf life. But with this article, we want to show you how easy it is to cook this delicious veggie and also some tips for cooking Okra. We also provide tips on storing Okra for later use so that you can serve this dish more timely!
Choose fresh and healthy Okra.
When it comes to cooking Okra, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. First and foremost, make sure that you choose fresh Okra. The older the Okra, the harder it will be to cook. Secondly, always wash your Okra before cooking it. This will help to remove any dirt or debris that may be on the vegetable. Last but not least, make sure that you cook your Okra until it is soft and tender. Overcooking Okra can result in it being tough and chewy.
How to store Okra?
If you are like most people, you probably have a bag or container of fresh okra in your refrigerator, freezer, or pantry. But just because okra is fresh doesn’t mean it can’t go bad quickly. Here are a few tips to keep your okra fresh:
-Store Okra in a cool and dark place.
-Don’t stack okra on top of each other.
-Do not expose Okra to direct sunlight or heat.
-Don’t wash Okra until you’re ready to cook it.
Tips for cooking Bhindi in summer
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy summer side dish, look no further than bhindi. Bhindi is a type of okra that is cooked in a variety of ways, but the most popular way to cook it is by boiling it in water. Here are some tips for cooking Okra in the right way:
1. Make sure your pot is large enough to hold all of the bhindi.
2. Before adding the bhindi, fill the pot with enough water to cover the okra.
3. Bring the water to a boil before reducing the heat and simmering for 10-15 minutes until the bhindi is tender.
4. Carefully remove the bhindi from the pot with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel to cool down.
5. Serve hot with lime wedges and chutney, if desired.
Recipe for making healthy Okra Masala
If you’re a fan of okra, you’ll love this Okra Masala recipe. It’s a delicious and healthy way to enjoy vegetables.
1/2 onion, finely chopped
One cloves of garlic, minced
1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
One green chili, diced
One teaspoon of cumin seeds
Two cardamom pods, crushed
One tablespoon of olive oil
Three okra pods, sliced into thin rounds
Salt to taste
For the masala paste:
Two dried red chilies, broken into small pieces
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
3-4 green cardamom pods, crushed
One teaspoon of ground turmeric
To make the masala paste:
Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
To cook the okra:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and fry until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chili, and cumin seeds and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the masala paste and fry for another minute.
- Add the cardamom pods and fry for a minute more.
- Add the okra and salt to taste.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until the okra is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot.
If you like the blog, give a thumbs up and comment us.