For filling –
1 cup grated coconut,
1 banana (Ripe Sliced),
1/2 cup mixed nuts and Raisin as your choice,
1/2 cup jaggery,
2 tbsp sugar,
Pinch of salt,
1 tsp black pepper powder,
2 to 3 freshly grounded cardamom.
FOR THE SHELL-
1 cup semolina (sooji),
1 cup coconut milk,
1 n 1/2 cup water,
Sugar – 3 tbsp,
A pinch of salt,
3 tbsp oil(Sunflower)
Oil for fry
* Take a pan, add sugar and
make it a caramel, then add
the sliced banana and keep it
* Take the pan, add coconut, add pepper, salt cardamom, and nuts, and then saute for 2 mins, then add the jaggery
* Then cook it for 4-5 min till
it will be a bit soft,
keep it aside,
make it room temperature and then add the sliced banana.
* For the filling
Mix the coconut milk and water and warm it, and a bit of salt and sugar as required, and then give it a boil.
* To make the stove simmer, add the semolina gradually and stir it continuously till it achieves a dough-like consistency.
* Then take it out to a plate, take the oil and try to knead it while it’s warm.
* Then take a handful of the mixture
and make shell out of it, add the
coconut mixture and shape it to round like a modak or bao.
* Fry well in hot oil, till it will be golden brown in color.
* Serve it with some kheer, as Khiri Pitha is the signature dish of Odisha.