About Homemade Pav Bhaji Recipe: If you are someone who loves Indian street food, then you would have probably tried pav bhaji at least once. Pav bhaji is a delicious indian street food that can be easily prepared at home.
Homemade Pav bhaji
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
1. Boil the vegetables first. Now, heat butter and oil in medium heat in a pot. Add cumin seeds after the butter melts and allow it to sizzle. Now, add chopped onions and then thoroughly mix the ingredients.
2. Cook the onions until they turn golden brown and then add green chilli, garlic, and ginger. Now, cook them for one minute. Add chopped tomatoes to it, mix the ingredients really well, and cook for a couple minutes.
3. Add water, salt, and tomato puree into the pan, cover it, and allow the tomatoes to cook until they become soft. Now, add red chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, and salt. Mix the ingredients really well before adding kasuri methi.
4. Add the boiled vegetables and mash them until they have properly mixed with the ingredients. Add water and continue to mix. Now, cover the pot and make sure to set the heat to low.
5. Allow it to simmer for 15 minutes. Open the pot and add butter into it along with chopped cilantro. Add lemon juice and allow it to simmer for a couple more minutes.
6. Take a pan, heat it on medium flame, and add butter into it. Wait for the butter to melt and then sprinkle pav bhaji masala right on top of butter. Place buns on pan and toast the pav until they become golden brown and crisp on either side.