About Homemade Moong Dal Halwa: Rajasthan's favourite dessert is prepared by blending yellow lentils in caramelised sugar and clarified butter to create a delightful experience.
Homemade Moong Dal Halwa Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
1. Soak yellow moong dal in water for about 3 hours. Drain it and then blend it in a mixer & turn into a paste. Keep it aside for later use.
2. Dissolve saffron in warm milk and leave it undisturbed.
3. Add ghee in a kadhai, heat it, and then add yellow moong dal paste into it.
4. Cook it for about 25 minutes on medium flame. Make sure to stir it when cooking. Add warm water and milk, mix the ingredients, and cook it on medium heat for five to seven minutes along with stirring. Add sugar and repeat the same step.
5. Now, add cardamom powder along with saffron-milk mixture, thoroughly mix, and then cook it again on medium heat for 4 minutes. Make sure to stir it continuously when you are cooking. Garnish moong dal halwa with almonds before serving.