About Matar Kachori: Matar Kachori is a crisp and deep fried Indian snack, which is filled with a pea filling and is enjoyed with tea and coriander chutney.
Homemade Matar Kachori
Prep Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
1. Mix whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, oil, and salt in a bowl.
2. Add water and knead it to make a soft dough. Cover and keep it aside for later use.
3. Heat oil in another pan and wait for the oil to heat. Now, add jeera and hing into it and allow it to crackle. Add all the ingredients into the pan and fry it for a couple of minutes. Add ginger and besan, fry them, and then remove the pan.
4. Divide the dough into small balls. Take one of the balls and roll into a 3-4 inch disk. Add the filling into the center of the ball and bring its end together.
5. Heat oil in another pan and add kachoris when the oil is hot. Fry the kachori on both sides until they become golden brown in color.
6. Serve with tea and coriander chutney.