About Homemade Fusion Kheer: If you dare not venture near a dessert recipe apprehending its inherent complications, you can rest your fear here! This is an easy, breezy Indian rice pudding recipe with enough pizzazz that it can easily be a party show stopper. Be the talk of the table when you finish your feast with this ‘oomphy’ homemade sweet dish.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
1. We will start at the very end by preparing the garnish first. Heat a wok and add the ghee. When the ghee looks ready, slide in the vermicelli and sauté it till golden. Once it colors, remove it from the heat and transfer the vermicelli to a bowl and keep it aside.
2. Now add milk to a fresh pan and turn on the heat. Keep the heat on medium-low and stir frequently so that milk doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. After the milk reaches its first boil, add the soaked rice and mix it pretty well.
3. Cook on a simmer to ensure the mixture doesn’t burn. When the rice reaches 50% or is at a half-cooked stage, add the sugar. Keep stirring the mixture so that sugar dissolves evenly.
4. Cook the rice till it is almost done. Now, you can flavour the rice pudding with saffron milk. Continue cooking on a low flame till it thickens and rice is completely cooked.
5. Once it cools down and thickens more, ladle a dollop into a serving glass. Decorate it with the ghee roasted vermicelli, dry fruits, and rose petals. Dust some powdered sugar to add some sweet notes!