About Homemade Bread Gulab Jamun: A no-knead gulab jamun recipe is indeed godsend! Made from humble bread, this quick and easy dish can be put together in a jiffy. If you have a stack of stale bread, put this fancy spin on it and ready them to please even a dessert snob. Challenge them to spot the difference and believe us, they will give up!
Homemade Bread Gulab Jamun
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
1. Take the bread slices and tear them into small pieces and add them to a grinding jar. We just have to break them down enough so that we can work with it further. So grind them to a fine texture and not to a fine powder.
2. Take a bowl and add the ground bread, milk powder, and cream. Lightly toss to mix everything properly.
3. Now add milk as required to make a soft dough (no need to knead). When the dough is ready, make medium-sized balls from it. While making the balls, keep in mind that if their surface is relatively smooth, the dough-balls won’t break during frying or later we dunk them in the syrup.
4. Now heat the oil for deep frying and fry the dough-balls until golden and keep aside.
5. Now we will prepare the sugar syrup, for which we will take a pan and add water and after two-three minutes we will add sugar.
6. We will cook this for some time in a medium-low flame until the sugar dissolves completely. Then we will flavour the syrup by adding cardamom powder and saffron strands. Pour the liquid into another bowl and wait until it’s cool.
7. Add the fried dough balls into the syrup (syrup should be hot or warm). Give it some time to soak the sweet syrup. Your homemade bread gulab jamun is ready to serve!