Okay, so you’re eating healthy this summer. That’s great! But you can eat healthily and enjoy some of your favourite foods, like pizza. Making homemade pizza is one of the best ways to cut calories on a diet since you can control everything that goes into it. All you need is a couple of hours and some basic ingredients from your local market—plus a little practice in the kitchen if you’re brand new to making pizza at home. Here’s what we recommend for making an awesome Margherita pizza:
- Start by measuring flour, salt, and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add in the olive oil and water, using your hands to mix everything until it forms a dough ball (this should take about 5 minutes). Then turn on your stand mixer for 2 minutes at medium speed to knead the dough—this will make it easier for you to handle later! You can also use an electric hand mixer if that’s more convenient.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes in a warm place. This is called “proofing,” and it allows the yeast to do its thing: create lovely bubbles inside your pizza crust instead of on top where nobody can appreciate their beauty!
- After the dough has risen for about an hour, shape each batch into individual balls using wet hands so they don’t stick—this recipe is enough to make two pizzas, so make sure you’ve got equal amounts of dough ball on both.
Sometimes, you want to go the extra mile and make your own sauce. That’s okay! The ingredients are easy to find, and the process is fast.
- Use fresh tomatoes: You can use canned tomatoes if you’re in a hurry or don’t want to bother with this step, but they won’t taste as good as fresh ones—and sometimes it’s worth waiting a little longer for great results. If possible, choose whole plum tomatoes plucked in ripening season. they are best and taste healthy. Also tomatoes should be fresh and juicy; these will often have some sort of defect. Don’t worry about sugar content since there’s no sugar added when making pizza sauce from scratch! You can also try growing your tomato plants using seeds or seedlings from your local nursery; this may take up space on top of your kitchen counter but can provide lots of delicious fruit throughout the summer months.
Cook the pizza in a preheated oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes. Or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. (If you’d like to make sure your pie comes out just right, check its progress every few minutes.)
Once your pie is cooked through and golden brown on top. Also, remove it from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before slicing into it.
Perfect pizza is a must this summer.
Summer is the perfect time for pizza. It’s easy to make, doesn’t require much effort, and can be made in many different ways.
This recipe will show you how to make a Margherita pizza, but it can easily be adapted based on what ingredients are in season at your local grocery store or farmer’s market!
Many people think that making pizza at home is too much work. But it doesn’t have to be! With these tips and tricks, you can make your own perfect Margherita pizza and impress friends and family with your culinary skills.