Now you can make Kalakand at home with this easy recipe.
Milk – 2 ltr (full fat)
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Powdered sugar – ½ cup
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Ghee – ½ tsp
Pistachios (slivered) – 8 to10
How to make kalakand:
- Bring one litre of milk to a boil.
- When the milk comes to a boil, simmer the heat.
- Add lemon juice to the milk, and let the milk get curdled.
- Switch off the gas and drain the milk in a cotton cloth.
- Bring the sides of the cloth together and drain all the whey from the chenna.
- Run the cloth under fresh water to remove any trace of lemon from it.
- Heat the other 1 litre of milk in another nonstick pan.
- Cook on medium heat until the milk is reduced to half. Keep stirring continuously.
- Add the chenna in the reduced milk and mix well.
- Cook until the mixture leaves the pan from the sides. Keep stirring continuously.
- Add powdered sugar and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.