This dish is a great way to make chicken. It’s delicious and easy to make, not to mention very healthy. This recipe uses cherry tomatoes, which are sweet and flavorful. You can serve this dish with rice or noodles, which will soak up all the yummy juices from the chicken and tomatoes.
Chicken Cherry Tomato In Oyster Sauce Recipe
- Cut chicken into thin slices, and then cut them into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a wok, and add ginger and garlic to stir-fry until fragrant (approx 20 seconds). Then add chicken slices and fry till they turn white on both sides (approx 3 minutes). Remove from the wok and set aside on a plate covered with a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Pour in oyster sauce and water onto the hot wok with some salt sprinkled over it, bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes uncovered before turning off the heat completely (this is done so that you can use this as gravy later when serving)
Add chopped spring onions and mushrooms to the wok, stir-fry for 1 minute, then pour in 2 tbsp corn flour mixed with 3 tbsp water. Stir until sauce thickens, then return chicken pieces into the wok before serving hot.
You’ll need the following:
- 2 cups of chicken breast, sliced into small pieces
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into half
- 1¼ cup oyster sauce (make sure to use a gluten-free brand)
- One teaspoon of soy sauce (make sure to use a gluten-free brand)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (can be replaced with honey or maple syrup)
- 3 cups water to boil the chicken, plus ½ cup water to mix with the corn flour later. This should make enough gravy for 8 servings.
To make the gravy: Bring your pot of water and chicken to boil over medium heat until cooked. Remove from heat and put aside until cool enough to handle safely without burning yourself.
For the marinade
- Use chicken breast. The best way to get a juicy and flavorful roast chicken is by using chicken breast meat.
- Marinade for at least 1 hour. If you have time, marinate the chicken in salt, pepper and soy sauce for 2 hours or more before roasting it in the oven. This will give your chicken an even better taste! You can also add other spices to make it more flavorful if you like!
- Combine ingredients in a bowl: Mix together 1/4 cup of soy sauce with 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, salt and pepper until they’re well combined into one mixture (you should have about 6 tablespoons total).
For the sauce
To make the sauce, you’ll need the following:
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- One teaspoon of sesame oil
To make the sauce, simply combine all of these ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well mixed. Once your sauce is ready to go, add two tablespoons of it to a wok or large frying pan and heat over medium heat until it begins to bubble. When this happens, turn down the heat slightly so that you don’t burn anything while cooking your chicken. Add some water if necessary so that everything doesn’t stick together at first (but don’t add too much; remember that these are tomatoes!). Cook for about 5 minutes, constantly stirring, so nothing sticks or burns on one side or another. The end result should look something like this:
- Marinate the chicken for at least an hour.
- Cook the chicken in a wok or frying pan until golden brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of cutlets/thighs and level of heat used (medium-high).
- Add tomatoes to the pan with oyster sauce, season with salt and pepper if desired, and cook until tomatoes are soft (approximately 1 minute).
You can make a great chicken dish with tomatoes.
This is a great recipe for those who like tomatoes. It’s also a good recipe for those who like chicken and oyster sauce, but that’s not the point of this article.
The dish consists of chicken cherry tomatoes in oyster sauce that have been cooked slowly in the oven. If you’re unfamiliar with oyster sauce, it’s made from fermented oysters and is used as a flavour enhancer in many Chinese dishes (and some other cuisines). The tomato adds sweetness and acidity to balance out the umami flavour of the oyster sauce.
We hope you enjoy this chicken cherry tomato in the oyster sauce recipe. If you want to try out some other great recipes, be sure to check out our website!