How to Cook rice and dal is a simple process that can be done in just a few easy steps:
- Rinse the rice and dal in a fine mesh strainer to remove any dirt or debris.
- Combine the rice and dal in a pot with 2 cups water. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Fluff the rice and dal with a fork and serve.
Benefits of cooking Rice and Dal at home
Rice and dal are two of the most common staples in Indian cuisine. Rice is a grain cooked in water and then boiled, while dal is a stew made from lentils, peas, or beans. Both rice and dal are high in nutrients and offer several health benefits.
Rice is a good source of carbohydrates essential for energy production. It is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including thiamin, niacin, and vitamin B6. Dal is an excellent protein source, essential for tissue repair and growth. It is also a good source of iron, magnesium, and potassium.
Both rice and dal are low in fat and cholesterol and are, therefore, a good choice for those trying to maintain a healthy weight. They are also both low in sodium, making them a good option for those trying to limit their salt intake.
In order to cook rice and dal, you will need:
1. A pot with a tight-fitting lid
Follow these steps:
1. Rinse the rice in cold water.
2. Add the rice to the pot and the dal and water.
3. Add salt to taste.
4. Bring to a boil over high heat.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and let the pot sit for 5 minutes.
7. Fluff the rice with a fork, then serve.
In conclusion, cook rice and dal is a simple process that can be easily mastered with just a few easy steps. By following these steps, you can ensure that your rice and dal are cooked perfectly every time. You’ll be cooking like a pro in no time with a little practice!